Logs screen not working due to JS (Angular) error


After installing AppGyver as per the install wizard and launching steroids connect, on the Logs page debug logs are not showing and the following Javascript errors are appearing:
out.js.map:1 GET http://localhost:4567/__connect/out.js.map 404 (Not Found)

Error: [$rootScope:infdig] http://errors.angularjs.org/1.2.27/$rootScope/infdig?p0=10&p1=%5B%5B%22fn%3…Ck%2B%2B)%3Breturn%20k%7D%3B%20newVal%3A%2046%3B%20oldVal%3A%2042%22%5D%5D
at Error (native)
at http://localhost:4567/__connect/components/angular/angular.min.js:6:450
at h.$digest (http://localhost:4567/__connect/components/angular/angular.min.js:111:232)
at h.$apply (http://localhost:4567/__connect/components/angular/angular.min.js:113:362)
at http://localhost:4567/__connect/components/angular/angular.min.js:123:467
at e (http://localhost:4567/__connect/components/angular/angular.min.js:37:497)
at http://localhost:4567/__connect/components/angular/angular.min.js:41:235

Uncaught Error: [$rootScope:in","fdig] http://errors.angularjs.org/1.2.27/$rootScope/infdig?p0=10&p1=%5B%5B%22fn%3…Ck%2B%2B)%3Breturn%20k%7D%3B%20newVal%3A%2046%3B%20oldVal%3A%2042%22%5D%5D

This last Uncaught Error: [$rootScope:infdig] repeats several times per second and the debug are does not seem to render (see this screenshot]

Environment: AppGyver Steroids² 4.0.11, OSX Yosemite, Chrome 40.0.2214.111 (64-bit)

Please let me know if I can provide anything else to reproduce this.

Has anyone come across a similar issue or have an idea where to start looking fixing? Seems like might be an issue with the Angular version…?


I’ve reinstalled the package, but geting the exact same error. Not having access to logs is a blocker for me for development. Can anyone throw me some pointers on why this issue might be?


As a workaround you can use tail -f logs/steroids.log to see the log file in realtime.

We haven’t been able to reproduce this problem with steroids connect and you’re the only one whose reported it so far. There’s a combination of stuff which is causes it, but it’s currently unknown what exactly.


We have this exact same issue on 5 different Mac developers devices too!


My environment is:

  • OSX Yosemite
  • Reproduces on all browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
    Let me know what other environment specs you’d need - seems like this is a Mac specific bug. (I’ll try the workaround with tail, thanks for that)


Please let me know if you found an answer to this. I posted this same issue a while back and got nowhere. So I just moved on from it, but realized recently that steroids.logger.log and supersonic.logger.log sometimes do not log and I have to re run until it does. Very frustrating, please let me know what info you’ve found. Ill post a link to the post I made on this.